Sunday, August 2, 2026

What led to starting something new?

                         Currently listening to: Malcolm in the Middle by Malcolm Todd




        Honestly, I've been wanting to start a blog since I watched Sex & the City for the first time when I was 10 years old and much too young to be watching SATC (it's okay, the outfits make up for it). But the catalyst for this new age was a beauty on TikTok named Rachel posting about her (super cool) blog that I now scroll through, occasionally. 

    These last few months have been my months of rest and relaxation. It has been two months of sleep, work, sleep, and work again. And honestly, I've loved it. Not only do I love my current job, but I turned my location off, deactivated my Instagram, and simply returned to center.  





        The endless doomscrolling, texting, terrible job, and short-form content were burning me out in a way that I couldn't explain. Days were passing me by, and this was the best way for me to breathe. I'd recommend it to anybody. 

tweet    









Deactivate your most-used app; after opening it 50 times out of habit, you get used to it not being easily accessible anymore.

Start consuming long-form content; video essays, films (without skipping forward!), just videos that are at least 15 minutes.

Put your phone on DND; respond later, be with yourself longer.

Read a book; we're having a literacy crisis. Read a book or a comic or anything physical! 

See your friends visually; my connections with everyone got deeper when I would see them physically and use the time we had to talk esp with me being AWOL online.

Connect with nature; walk in the grass, climb a tree (or attempt in my case), read a book near a body of water!

    All of these small habits brought me back to myself and brought me here, and I couldn't be more grateful! 



Check Rachel out!: https://letrachel.live/


☆ stay cool, cool girls! ☆


xoxo,

eternalcoolgirl ☆

No comments:

Post a Comment