Monday, August 3, 2026

you seem pretty sad for a girl so in love

 


 Olivia Rodrigo's newest album you seem pretty sad for a girl so in love has the honor of being the first mentioned on this blog because, as of recent, it is the album that has spoken the most to me. The album tells the story of the start and end of a long-lasting relationship, and at the time in my life when she posted it, I have to say - it really spoke to me. 
    While I wasn't getting out of a long-term relationship, I was going through a period of my life where my brain and my heart seemed to be fighting each other. Anyone who struggles with mental health knows the struggle, and honestly, Olivia couldn't have shared the album at a better time. 
    The album tells the story of a love where they meet and fall in love and everything is perfect until it isn't. Olivia's mental health starts to spiral, and her partner is there for her, but her state and his openness to being in contact with an ex of his put a dent in their relationship that they couldn't get out.
    In a breakup, it's easy to blame one person and say you did nothing, but sometimes that's not the case. Sometimes both people try their hardest, but the love simply isn't enough to keep it going, which, in all honesty, feels worse than one person being to blame.  
    Aside from the pop culture aspect and the majority of fans casting the blame and hate onto Olivia's ex (again!), I personally thought the album was beautiful, and it was genuinely my favorite work of hers. 


    The song that gets the most honorable mention for me was maggots for brains, which you can listen to by pressing the play button above (trust, I WILL learn how to add songs in a prettier manner - I tried and failed dreadfully making this post). That song perfectly encapsulated how I was feeling during that difficult period of my life whilst not actually sounding like a depressing song - which I would not have minded, honestly.

While not all of the songs were for me sound-wise, I still greatly appreciated the storytelling that Olivia was giving the audience.


I'm a zombie in my body

I'm a train off of the track

I feel dirty, I feel rotten

And the colors are all flat

I'm a sad shell of a woman

And I've got maggots for brains

But that's just the thing that happens

When my

When my baby goes away

When my baby goes away

He goes away


My favorite songs on the album (in this order):

 ★ maggots for brains

 ★ less

 ★ whats wrong with me (ft. Robert Smith)

    If you haven't, I really hope you guys give these songs a listen and let me know what you think about them!





☆ stay cool, cool girls! ☆

xoxo,

eternalcoolgirl ☆

No comments:

Post a Comment