As much as I would love to have a killer intro with a gripping hook, I honestly just have to say that Enhypen's 8th album, and subsequently their first album as a 6-member group, "The Sin: Bliss", was just too good. While I personally feel that no album they have released has topped their 2023 mini album, and my favorite release ever, "DARK BLOOD", I must give props to what Enhypen has achieved with this album and what they endured in making and pushing this album out.
I cannot talk about the album without giving context around the significance of it. In March of this year, 2026, the main vocalist and eldest member of the group, Heeseung, left Enhypen to pursue a solo career, and while I have many opinions on the events surrounding his leaving, this is not the post for that, as he is not the focus - I will leave that for another post at another time. In the two months after his departure, Enhypen endured boycotts, protests, spam comments, fandom fighting, and a large disconnect from the fandom itself. The fandom fighting so hard to bring a member back and get clarity on a tough situation led to the other 6 boys feeling neglected and enduring more than they had to at a time that was objectively harder for them to deal with, and as someone who also put my 2 cents in on the situation publicly multiple times, I was part of the people making it harder for them, even if my reasoning may have differed from others in the fandom. This tumultuous start of a new era made the preparation of this album an anxiety-ridden one for the group; they feared they had lost their fans and wouldn't measure up to their previous works and successes with one less member, and boy were they wrong. The Sin: Bliss became Enhypens' first number one entry on the Billboard 200, and Bloody Paradise achieved a Grand Slam, winning 6+ awards since coming out.
One of the elder members, Jake, mentioned that this album was like another debut, and I have to give it to them - this album really and truly felt like a new beginning for the group. Not only is the sound different to their previous dark and edgy sound, but it shows the group heading in a more cohesive artistic direction from what they have done previously, without straying too far from their origins.
One of the main points I joked about on my spam TikTok is the fact that now that Heeseung is gone, you can hear everyone's voice, and I wasn't joking. It's no secret that throughout Enhypen's career, Heeseung, as the center and lead/ main vocalist, took up the majority of the songs, and because of the quality of his voice, I've never complained. But I cannot lie and say that I am not feeling a large sense of happiness and joy (or bliss... ;P) at the rest of the boys getting an equal amount of spotlight in the songs. I am not sure if the position of center and lead/ main vocalist has been reassigned now that the position has been emptied, but if not, and we keep getting music where I can hear everyone for at least 20 seconds each, I am not complaining.
The album is a continuation of the last in the saga, THE SIN: VANISH, and continues the story of the two lovers who elope and now live in a state of bliss, kind of like a honeymoon phase. The album lives up to its name - all the songs feel like different kinds of bliss. The title track, Bloody Paradise, is a fun, upbeat song that uses Brazilian baile funk to set it apart from other songs on this album and in ENHA's discography.
Even though Bloody Paradise is the title track and the most well-known song on the album, as a perpetual yearner and a lover of a good ballad, my favorite song simply has to go to Bad For You. The melodies mixed with the harmonies? This song is reminiscent of an actual honeymoon phase. It evokes the feeling of looking at a person you're in love with and naturally seeing them in a beautiful light, no matter how they look (think Kotoko and Naoki's wedding scene in Mischevous kiss)..gif)
.gif)
I got it, I got it bad for you
알고도 이렇게 bad for you
아무리 서로를 다치고 아프게 해도
너인 걸
I got it, I got it bad for you
결국 또 이렇게 back to you
내 맘이 원하는 모든 건 너뿐인 듯
Fall in love
BECAUSE FUCK! I haven't felt a feeling like this listening to a song since Moonstruck.
My favorite songs on the album (in this order):
★ Bad for You
★ Bloody Paradise
★ Stuck
(not to mention everyone looks yummy asl)
☆ stay cool, cool girls! ☆
xoxo,
eternalcoolgirl ☆

No comments:
Post a Comment